Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Lost my dear friend, Linda Agin today...



I was very saddened when I called Alan today to check on Linda, and found out she had passed away an hour before I called. My husband and I had visited her a few weeks ago in Brookwood, but she had been too sick for visitors in the past few weeks after returning home.




I have known Linda for over 25 years, and she certainly taught me a lot about antiques. She has been a good friend to my entire family. My oldest daughter has worked for Linda and Alan since she was 15. We have spent many a day with the Agins, on various visits of friendship, or business. I can remember conducting an estate sale with Linda and another one of her friends,...Charlene, years ago, in the old building by the probate court that used to be someone's home. I also remember going to an antique auction with Linda in Thorsby. Linda once treated me to "The Guest House", where she taught a group how to create bows for gifts.




Linda was not only known for her antiques (Linda's Antiques), but also for her extraordinary ability to grow Day Lilies, of all different types and color. She was one special woman, and I will miss her eternally.




My heart and prayers go out to Linda's husband, son, daughter-in-law, and grandchildren whom she leaves behind to cherish her memory. I am enclosing a picture of Linda and Alan that I took at Halloween, 2007. at their home. (That was another special event that my family enjoyed, was going to visit Linda and Alan on Halloween, and ride around the neighborhood in their golf cart). Alan had a golf cart business, before he retired.




No comments: