Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Don Siegelman on WAKA 10:00 news

What a great interview with Don, that Stephanie Hicks conducted! The Christmas card that we received from Don was very beautiful, and hand crafted. I know that he was truly blessed by many individuals when in prison. He certainly was in our prayers. We met Don on the campaign trail in 2002, and then saw him several times on the 2006 campaign trail. What was really interesting is that I was wearing my "Hobson Cox" t-shirt the first time I met Don, although I was campaigning for Sheriff of Autauga County. When you campaign for state race, you HAVE to dress up in a suit or dress. (I was told in Baldwin County by a very nice lady, that I should wear a suit rather than a dress). Ever after, I did just that LOL.. Only it was too late, I met Joe Turnham for the first time, wearing a dress LMAO!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe Turnham wearing a dress?

????????????????????????????

Deb Murphree/Alabama Politics said...

Oops! NO, I was the one that was wearing a dress INSTEAD of the dreaded skirt and jacket outfit. That was my point lol...It's best I cleared that up. No way, have I ever seen Joe Turnham, leader of the Alabama Democrat Party, IN A DRESS.

Don said...

Do you know Hobson?

Anonymous said...

Haha... gotta love Joe! Over ten years ago he was involved when a group of fellow students and I formed an independent group to protest higher ed. funding cuts being proposed by Fob James. (Turnham and Siegelman both spoke at the rally which was held on the steps of the State House.) Even though it was a nonpartisan group, no Republicans showed. One of my comrades expressed disgust over that fact and blurted out, "I'll never vote for a *@&$^%^# Republican again!" Turnham was in earshot, immediately leaned over to her and said, "You promise?" at which he took his *very nice* Alabama Democratic Party lapel pin off his suit coat and pinned it on her blouse. :)

Deb Murphree/Alabama Politics said...

To Don, YES, I know Hobson. I attended a function to benefit him in Gold Star Park, Wetumpka. I was also asked to speak there (2002 Sheriff campaign). I enjoyed that day VERY much. (That was the first time that I had heard Lisa & the Illusions sing.) DOES ANYONE KNOW how Lisa is doing with her band??? I'd like to know!

Deb Murphree/Alabama Politics said...

To anonymous, VERY INTERESTING STORY!! Joe is a nice man, and I think highly of former Governor Don Siegelman as well.