Monday, March 1, 2010

JUDGE NOT LEST YE BE JUDGED...great POEM..to PONDER!!

I ran across this beautiful poem on al.com, and thought I would share it with you.  I don't know WHO wrote it, but the poster's name is at the bottom of the poem.  



"I was shocked, confused, bewildered As I entered Heaven's door, Not by the beauty of it all, Nor the lights or its decor.
But it was the folks in Heaven Who made me sputter and gasp-- The thieves, the liars, the sinners, The alcoholics and the trash.
There stood the kid from seventh grade Who swiped my lunch money twice. Next to him was my old neighbor Who never said anything nice.
Herb, who I always thought Was rotting away in hell, Was sitting pretty on cloud nine, Looking incredibly well.
I nudged Jesus, 'What's the deal? I would love to hear Your take. How'd all these sinners get up here? God must've made a mistake.
'And why is everyone so quiet, So somber - give me a clue.' 'Hush, child,' He said, 'they're all in shock. No one thought they'd be seeing you."  by bandolier


1 comment:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Cute one, Deb... AND--there's alot of truth in those words... We see the speck in our brother's eye but can't see the elephant in our own eye... Right????

Back from Arkansas... Had a wonderful week.
Hugs,
Betsy