Friday, March 19, 2010

FACEBOOK VIRUS...BEWARE!

COMCAST has confirmed that FACEBOOK has been flooded with hackers spreading viruses through spam...which is taking PASSWORDS...and can infect your computer system with lightning speed.  It also said that FACEBOOK has an estimated 400 MILLION users.  I am one of them.  I LOVE Facebook.  So to all of my friends and family on Facebook, PLEASE BE CAREFUL.  Don't accept anything that you are not sure of...or sure of whom it came from.  I never click on Videos, which is one thing we are warned about. 

Emails are being sent out from these hackers, stating that YOUR PASSWORD HAS BEEN CHANGED...do not click onto any links that try to get you to reset your password from these emails!!!!  I already know of 4 people have been infected at Facebook through their emails...Be computer savy!  Make sure that you have a very good ANTI-VIRUS program.  The emails that are being sent out say, "Facebook password reset confirmation customer support"  http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20100318/NEWS-US-FACEBOOK-VIRUS/

1 comment:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Scary stuff, Deb... I'm not on Facebook (thank goodness)--but all of my kids are....

Be careful.
Hugs,
Betsy