Monday, November 10, 2008

MY REASONS FOR VOTING FOR BARACK OBAMA

I had seriously considered Huckabee to begin with. I also considered Ron Paul. I visited his website and was astonished at his delivery of over 4000 babies. That was something! I know delivering babies doesn't qualify you for President, but it was an interesting tidbit, otherwise :) With Huckabee, we would have gotten Walker Texas Ranger in the White House as a presidential aide, and Walker (Chuck Norris) can kick some serious butt! I also felt that Huckabee could move us forward, but it wasn't in the cards for him this time around. I also like the fact that Huckabee is a minister. MAYBE NEXT TIME! I considered all of the candidates before I made the decision to vote for Barack Obama. I considered that Barack had both white and black ancestry, and I felt that he could be a common denominator for both whites and blacks. He could be the thread to bring unity, where all else failed. I didn't vote for Barack because he was black, nor did I vote for Barack because he said he could bring change. EVERYONE SAYS THEY WANT CHANGE! I didn't vote for Barack to make history. I voted for Barack because I felt he was the best candidate to move us forward with the economic crisis. I also voted for Barack, because God forbid, if something were to happen to him in the presidency, and he would be disabled to carry out his term, then I felt confident with Joe Biden to be able to step in. I COULD NOT see Sarah Palin leading the nation, although she is a powerful and strong woman. She might be strong enough and knowledgeable enough to lead in 4 more years, but not this year. She was a little rough on the edges. Hillary was also a choice of mine, but like Huckabee, it wasn't in the cards for her either. I believe that Hillary had the knowledge and experience (with her husband serving 2 terms as a former president) to serve our country as President. She could have gotten some excellent advice from Bill as to foreign policy, economics, military decisions, etc. HOWEVER, NO MATTER WHO I CONSIDERED, Barack Obama is our PRESIDENT ELECT. I voted for him, I'm proud to say that, and I'm looking forward not backward. I have hope for America now. GOD BLESS BARACK OBAMA AND GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

No comments: