Sunday, September 7, 2008

MY DADDY

My dad has always been my rock of Gibralter and hero. He and my deceased mother adopted me at the age of 1, and I have always been grateful that he was there for me whenever I needed him. I remember when I was little, and would fall off of my bike, or bullies would harass me on the street, he was there for me. I have never allowed bullies to get the best of me. Once I took back my bike that had been stolen, when I was only 9. Yes, I had parked my bicycle outside of the church school I attended in Manasses, Virginia, and when I went to get it, it was gone. My brother and I spotted a couple of kids walking off with it, and we went right up to them, and I told them it was MY bike, and I was taking it back. They didn't even fight us. They had stolen the new handle bars and new seat that I had just gotten, but I was so happy just to get my bike back. I have that bike to this day!

Back to my father. He was a preacher with the Seventh day Adventist church in the Potomac Conference in Virginia, for over 35 years. He was called the peace maker wherever he went, and I guess I got that trait from him. I have always disliked discord, and have gone out of my way in my life to eliminate hateful and disparaging things that interrupt my everyday experiences. I guess that's one reason I keep after al.com to straighten up their forums. I cannot stand hatred.

I remember when I was a little girl, my mother had me stay with a friend of hers for a week, to help her with her daughter. I was very susceptible to mosquitos, and when I came home, my legs were all loaded up with mosquito bites. I had clawed them up, itching and scratching. My dad was so upset over that. I'll never forget that. He has always been such a great daddy, and I am dedicating this post to him. I treasure every moment I get to spend with him, and I always tell him I love him. DON'T FORGET TO TELL YOUR FATHER YOU LOVE HIM.

No comments: