Saturday, July 5, 2008

Politics Stink but can be cleaned up!!

Most of you will remember me as DebMurphree4psc, or DebMurphree. I am finally back with a new blog and NEW FRESH IDEAS on Politics. My specialty, if you can call it that, is POLITICS IN ALABAMA. Something I am definitely up to date on, familiar with, tied into, or knowledgeable about, is ALABAMA POLITICS. I know the good side, the bad side, and the dark side. (believe me, there IS a dark side lol).

Having run for Sheriff in Autauga County in a major Republican county in 2002, I am familiar with the DARK SIDE. The good part of that race, was having 2 great individuals in the Democrat race as well. Buddy Chavers and Otto Motley, whom both are personal friends, and remain that way today. Otto and I got in a run off, and duked it out. Ha ha. Otto won that race, and I congratulated him. (Too bad he didn't win the November election against Sheriff Herbie Johnson.)

Having run for County Commission in Autauga County in 2004, I know about the many dirt roads that Autauga County has. Many health problems have arisin from these dirty roads, (and I do mean dirty). You breathe the dust, you wear the dust, and you take it home with you. In this campaign, I walked to most of the homes in my district, and encountered a few rather large dogs. (I wasn't bitten, though, as Michael Morgan, was). I just talked baby talk to those big doggies, and they backed down. LOL..Next time (if there is one), I will carry several dog bones, and maybe make some new canine friends. Oh, yeah, Michael Morgan, being the Republican, in that race, won. I supported him this year, and will continue to support Michael's efforts in politics. He's also a great friend of mine. I NEED TO RUN AGAINST AN ENEMY? roflmao!!!!

Having run for State Public Service Commission in 2005/2006, I have learned about the good, bad and the ugly. State races are not like county races. More money is involved, and being that I didn't accept PAC funding, my funding was limited. In my case it was MORE of MY money, than more of other's money LOL. I have learned a lesson. Take the Pac money!!! (except from utilites, if you are running for State PSC. That is illegal to do. There is a lot I will do in my campaign, besides working hard (which I did in all three races). However, I will NOT do illegal activity. I prefer to stay on the clean side of the law, and will continue to do so, in the future, IF I decide to run another campaign. (Hint Hint). LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING, once campaigning gets in your blood, and the issues are there to insure a better Alabama, it's there to stay.

I have great vision for Alabama, and I believe it's a state we can be proud of, given the options we have. We live here, our children go to schools here, we shop here, we work here, we survive here. I would rather do more in life, than just survive. How about you? If you believe like I do, then you must stand up and take charge in life. Make a difference, and fight for your state!! Fight for your county!! (If you campaign in the county, take your doggie bones). (If you campaign in a state race, TAKE YOUR WALLET) lol. Be prepared to do more than just shake hands and kiss babies. MORE LATER....Stay tuned to getting down and dirty about politics.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deb, why don't you run for State Legislature?

PSC is all about electric rates, telephone rates, etc. Utterly boring. I can't understand why people want to run for PSC offices, unless it's for the under-the-table payments.

Deb Murphree/Alabama Politics said...

Thanks for the suggestion, Jayhey. I just might consider that. What do you think are some of the most pressing issues in Alabama that the State Legislature needs to address?

Anonymous said...

Let me count the ways . . . .

Good-old-boy network

Generous pay raises to themselves

Inaction on vital legislation

Remove the sales tax on groceries

"English only" legislation, discriminating against legitimate persons whose language is not English.

Insufficient funding for education, mental health, corrections

Job development

Deb Murphree/Alabama Politics said...

Jayhey, one of your issues you mentioned caught my eye. The Mental Health Issue.. You are absolutely right on target. The funding is not sufficient for Mental Health. I was over there at the Montgomery Area Mental Health Authority one day, and compared to 12 years ago, they only had ONE individual in the office at the desk. There were no personnel, as in secretaries, etc. They also have limited their physician's staff to one or two doctors. There used to be quite a lot more. (Personnel and physicians).

Anonymous said...

DMHMR serves 5% of the state's population in some ways. In other words, one in 20 is already receiving mental health services of some sort. More should, of course--starting with our beloved state legislators!

Don said...

Deb, you don’t even need to ask me. You know that I have to primary goals.

[1] We need Initiative and Referendum so the voters will have the tool they need to do what our legislature refuses to in passing real reform and accountability legislation.

[2] We need to eliminate voter fraud so we can have a hope of having honest government by having honest elections.

Deb Murphree/Alabama Politics said...

Don, you are absolutely correct. I & R is needed in Alabama, and also honest government. WE NEED BOTH AND NOW!!!!!! As soon as I get the chance, I will post yours and MontgomeryUnite's links onto my site.

Don said...

The more members a grassroots organization has the more influence it can have on legislators, especially if there are members in a legislator's district. The Democracy Defense League, the last I heard, had around 1,700 members in about 40 Alabama counties. If you want to help the DDL fight voter fraud, also post a link to its website on your blog and encourage readers to go there and join it at no cost. It needs to have many more members from every county in the state to have more clout in the legislature with its agenda for legislation to stop voter fraud.

Deb Murphree/Alabama Politics said...

I am a member of the DDL, myself. I'll write them and ask them to send me a link to their site, so I can post it. Don, send me a link to your site (the exact link) and I'll post it here for you.

Don said...

The URL for “Dr IQ Examines Alabama Government” is http://www.doctoriq.com/

The URL for the Democracy Defense League website home page is http://www.thedemocracydefenseleague.com/