Sunday, June 6, 2010

Politics in Alabama....such a CHANGE!

I returned from my Virginia trip to SURPRISING news that Paul Beckman had won the District 88 House seat over Mac Gipson; that the sheriff of Autauga County had won the Republican race by 69.6 percent over Ron Boles (could it be that LIGHTNING struck the courthouse computer again, and the sheriff had to carry the ballots to Elmore County to Randall Houston, to count?? (just a thought, as it has happened before);  Golson won the Coroner race;  Ray Boles is in a runoff with Taylor, Tim James MIGHT be in the run off for Republican nominee of the Gubernatorial race, although I was surprised that Dr. Robert Bentley was in the lead.  (Could it be because of his stand he's running on, "will not take a paycheck until unemployment in Alabama is gone"?) Another big surprise was a man named, "Young Boozer" getting  65 percent of the vote over a National name like George Wallace Jr.! (Yes, Young Boozer IS a name! LOL;  Another equally interesting race was the one between Ron Sparks and Artur Davis.  That wasn't really a surprise though, because Artur, in my opinion, didn't stand a chance without seeking the Alabama Democratic Conference.  The ADC holds a lot of weight in the state of Alabama in the Democrats' camp, and I was surprised that Artur Davis did not seek their endorsement.  When I saw that, I thought, "Uh oh, Artur!  It's all over but the crying!"  Chip Brown, in the STATE PSC RACE, was defeated by Terry Dunn, whom I know nothing about.    I haven't had the chance to check out Dunn's qualifications, but if Chip says to support him in the General Election, that's good enough for me.  It's TIME FOR AN OVERHAUL :)  Now, time to support Kelly Ingram in the General Election for Autauga County Board of Education, and Billy Brown for SHERIFF.  Let's hope Billy gets a clean slate in court.  I'll be there with bells on to watch the trial.  Time to put my signs out too!!

Tell me something readers, does a NAME really matter?   Does an UNUSUAL name really matter?   Do promises to the public make a difference???  I wanna know what YOU think!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Billy Brown huh? If you only knew.....

Deb Murphree/Alabama Politics said...

Dear "anonymous", I know one thing...the alternative is NOT an option, with me. Let the games begin!

Jay Croft said...

Why does a coroner have to be elected?

And for that matter, why does the Agriculture Commissioner have to be elected?

Deb Murphree/Alabama Politics said...

Hi Jay! I'm not really sure why either of them have to be elected. Have you checked into info on other states to see if they elect the two you mentioned? If you do, please come back and let us know. I have been too busy to even post much, and haven't been over to Montgomery Unite in awhile. I will try to get back over there soon. Been out of state, and then I have company coming this weekend, and have been going like a chicken with their head cut off LOL...

Anonymous said...

I don't understand the coroner election either.