Sunday, May 9, 2010

Tribute to my Biological Mom, Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day MOMS!  I was lucky enough to have TWO mothers!  One, my adopted mother who raised me, & who I paid tribute to yesterday, and my BIOLOGICAL mother who I was fortunate enough to find years ago.  I am paying tribute to Minnie today.  About 22 years ago, I located my biological mother, 6 brothers and 2 sisters, and a step dad.  When we went and met Minnie, it was Thanksgiving time.  I went through court procedures to have the Virginia "closed records on adoptions" case of mine opened.  Minnie had been looking for my brother David and I, also.  It was a great meeting ...finding 10 new family members.  I have since found another sister, 2 other brothers, and one sister passed away 2 weeks before I found them.  I also found my uncle Charlie and Aunt Martha who live in another state.  Uncle Charlie and Aunt Martha came to visit us in 2004, and we had a wonderful week-long visit.  They flew in from the state they live in. 

Here are some pictures of my mom, Minnie. 


my Brother Mike, me, Mom, & David, my brother



Minnie



Mom and me together!

No comments: