Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Abraham Lincoln...One of Our Finest Presidents...EVER!

I have compiled a short group of quotes that are some of my favorites of Abraham Lincoln's.  He was so poetic, and such a great president.  Many people have thought that my father's face was a lot like Lincoln's.  I know I grew up with a lot of people telling my dad that.  Ok...here they are.  Hope you will enjoy them as much as I have.


"Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves; and, under a just God, can not long retain it" Abraham Lincoln


"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it." Abraham Lincoln

"Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them." Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day."  Abraham Lincoln

"I know that the Lord is always on the side of the right. But it is my constant anxiety and prayer that I and this nation should be on the Lord's side." Abraham Lincoln

"A house divided against itself cannot stand. I believe this government cannot endure permanently half-slave and half-free. I do not expect the Union to be dissolved - I do not expect the house to fall - but I do expect it will cease to be divided. It will become all one thing or all the other."  Abraham Lincoln

1 comment:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I totally agree, Deb... He was a GREAT man.. Love reading his quotes.

Hugs,
Betsy