Saturday, June 20, 2009

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!




I always like to dig into the history of a celebration, or special day. Father's Day has been celebrated for over 4000 years. The celebrating of Father's Day can be traced back to Babylon, where a card was found in the ruins of Babylon.

"They have recorded that a young boy called Elmesu carved a Father's Day message on a card made out of clay nearly 4,000 years ago. Elmesu wished his Babylonian father good health and a long life. " http://www.fathersdaycelebration.com/fathers-day-history.html

Wasn't that a nice story? I'm sure there are many more stories about fathers and sons or daughters. I like to think that I have a wonderful story that has transpired with my father. Actually, I have 3 fathers. My Heavenly Father who found my Dad for me many years ago. I was adopted by my dad when I was a year old. He raised my brother, David, along with me, and another brother (Allen) who my mother and dad took in when he was older. We were very lucky to have found a good home. I also have a biological father, who I met once, but haven't seen since. (As I have reported before, I have found many biological members of my first family.)

Anyway...I pay tribute to my Heavenly Father today...for his everlasting love to me and to all mankind. I pay tribute to my dad, who raised me, and whom I shall always call, "Daddy". I love him dearly, as you know...and talk about him in a lot of my posts. He's elderly, and I treasure the time I spend with him. I make every moment count. I hope you will with your father, also.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!!

No comments: