Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Same Sex Marriages Being Performed in Vermont

Gay marriages are being performed in Vermont.  I always thought of Vermont as horse drawn carriages in the snow,  and Bed and Breakfast homes.  I have also wondered if men marry each other, who's last name do they take?  This article was an interesting one on a marriage between two men in Vermont.  Your views on Same sex marriages?  I would like for my readers to respond to this one.  I know it is a big issue ...(I don't think Gubernatorial Candidate Roy Moore will be  giving us his views, however.  We already know he has stated that gays are an "inherent evil")...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090901/ap_on_re_us/us_gay_marriage

2 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I have always heard that Vermont is one of the most liberal states in the country. Guess that is TRUE...
Hugs,
Betsy

Deb Murphree/Alabama Politics said...

I had heard that, also, ...Betsy. I have also heard that Massachusetts is also pretty liberal. I have several friends in Alabama that are gay and lesbian. I consider them good friends. I don't look at their sexuality, but what they can bring to the friendship. I also don't judge gays. I have 2 cousins who have that sexual preference as well. I believe that marriage should be between a man and a woman. However, anyone who thinks differently is certainly welcome to their opinion. Life's too short to be addressing other's habits.